From PowerApps portal https://make.preview.powerapps.com/, create a solution under solutions tab.
Create/Add the model driven app, entities and page:
In this case I have leveraged the model driven app with dealer example created in one of my previous article.
From the solution objects, create/add the apps.
The following high level steps shows what elements are added to the solution.
- Model driven app: Add the existing solution from add -> app -> model driven app. search and add the model driven app.
- Entities (Tables): From the solution, create the necessary tables (entities) for the solution. In this solution, the tables added are dealers/users, models, manufacturing units and vehicles.
- Page (Landing page): From the solution, create a page as landing page for the solution. Creating the new page by click on New -> app -> page.
Customizing custom page:
As this is going to be the landing page for the system, I am creating a canvas solution to show data from different entity views. The custom page is modified to have different containers and galleries, with data showing from different entities.
Modify model driven app to show integrated view
From the solution, edit the model driven app in preview mode. From the model driven app, add the custom page, and other entity/table as table views.
This can be done by selecting add a page.
- Adding tables/entities: Select page type as "Table based view and form" for adding existing entities (model, manufacturing units, vehicles).
- Adding pages: Select custom (preview) option to add above created pages.
Publish and play the custom page solution with model driven app entities
Now on click of any item on the custom landing page, you will be redirected to the respective detailed item on the entity.
This demonstration showed you the custom page used as landing page option on the model driven app solutions. In short, we have used the custom page to see the summarized view of the solution without navigating to actual separate views. This might vary based on the requirements.
Next we will look at the demonstration of using custom page as dialog/panel view on click of command bar buttons from the entity views.